We are going to have a Burmese Food Fair on Sunday, the 11th of June 2017. All the proceeds from the food sales will go to Thirimingalar Monastery in Myanmar.
13260 108th Ave Surrey BC
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
So far, we have the following list of food and vendors for the fair.
- Samosa by Nang San;
- Mote Kywe The by Oi;
- Dan Pauk (Bryani rice) by Ma Yin Yin Ohn;
- Chin Baung Gyaw (Cooked sour leaves); Pe Pyoak (Steamed bean), Nge-pi-kyaw (Burmese Ba-la-chong), and Pe Poak Kyaw (Deep fried Shan bean), Fish sauce with tomato by Daw Shwe Sein;
- Thin Baw Thee Htaung (Papaya salad) by Nang Yin Tip;
- To Fu + Pe Gyaw (Deep fried bean) by Aunty Nu;
- Mote-hin-gar (Burmese rice noodle in fish soup) by Ko Tun Aung Kyaw;
- Pa Zun Kywat Kyaw (Deep fried stuffed shrimp) by New World printing family;
- Various deep fry (Appetizers) by Daw Mar Lay and Daw Lily;
- Nan Gyi Thoke (Big rice noodle salad) by Ko Thant Hlaing & Ma Soe Soe Min;
- Hta-ma-ne (Black sticky rice) by Daw Ohnma Han;
- Yellow sticky rice + Shwe Yin Aye (Assorted flavoured cold drink) by Daw Khin Khin Oo;
- Chicken curry by Ko Saw Myint Oo and Ma Hnin;
- Mote Hpet Htoat (Steamed wrapped rice) by Hla Nu Phyu and Hla Nu Yin; and
If you are not selling anything, you can just simply participate as a customer. We however, sincerely urge you to come early to get what you want. Or else, you will be disappointed when they are sold out. Past experience indicates that food were sold way before the closing time.
If you would like to participate in the event as a vendor, please kindly let Sayadaw U Sanda know at (604) 951-9054, Ko Tun Aung Kyaw at (604) 582 5459 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org what you would sell.