We should know the benefits of offering robes to the members of the Sangha. We also should put their mind and heart on the offering while doing so.
We are going to have the second Burmese (Myanmar) Food Fair on Sunday, August 13, 2017.
13260 108th Ave Surrey BC
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
We have the following list of food and vendors for the fair.
- Dan Pauk (Bryani rice) by Ma Yin Yin Ohn;
- Chin Baung Gyaw (Cooked sour leaves); Pe Pyoak (Steamed bean), Nge-pi-kyaw (Burmese Ba-la-chong), and Pe Poak Kyaw (Deep fried Shan bean), Fish sauce with tomato by Daw Shwe Sein;
- Thin Baw Thee Htaung (Papaya salad) by Nang Yin Tip;
- To Fu + Pe Gyaw (Deep fried bean) by Aunty Nu;
- Mote-hin-gar (Burmese rice noodle in fish soup) by U Tun Aung Kyaw;
- Pa Zun Kywat Kyaw (Deep fried stuffed shrimp salad) by New World printing family;
- Various deep fry (Appetizers) by Daw Mar Lay and Daw Lily;
- Nan Gyi Thoke (Big rice noodle salad) by Daw San Thawda Kyaing; and
If you would like to participate in the event as a vendor, please kindly let Sayadaw U Sanda know at (604) 951-9054, Ko Tun Aung Kyaw at (604) 582 5459 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org what you would sell.
You are cordially invited to a Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta chanting practice on July 8, 2017, Saturday at 9:00 a.m. at our temple, located at 13260 108th Ave Surrey BC, organized by devotees and well-wishers to get Kuso (wholesome merit). The chanting materials will be available there for your convenience. The chanting may take one hour to finish.
Another Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta chanting will also be performed on July 9, 2017, Sunday at 9:00 a.m. prior to Waso Robe offering ceremony.